Hessa Bint Essa Buhumaid, the UAE’s Minister of Community Development, reported that 2,844 newlywed couples received marriage incentives totaling approximately AED 200 million in 2022.
The Minister noted that the marriage grant, given out by the Ministry of Community Development (MoCD), is in line with the leadership of the UAE’s objective to assist youth in creating stable families and achieving communal harmony.
She further said that those who qualify receive AED 70,000, and that three years ago, the Ministry, working with other government agencies, introduced electronic tools to make applying for marriage grants simpler and faster.
Additionally, according to Hessa, this financial aid encourages young people to keep stable families and supports solid family life, which will ultimately result in a society that is both morally and fiscally sustainable. On the MoCD website, UAE nationals can apply for the marriage grant.
Eligibility criteria for marriage grants
- Applicant and his wife must be UAE nationals.
- Husband’s age mustn’t be less than 21 years.
- Wife’s age mustn’t be less than 18 years.
- Husband’s net income shouldn’t be over AED 25,000.
- Both spouses must participate in awareness courses conducted by MoCD.