PSL 8 Points Table After Islamabad United Beats Multan Sultans in the 24th match of the Pakistan Super League’s (PSL) 2023 edition at the Pindi Club Ground, Rawalpindi.
PSL 8 Points Table
- M: The number of matches played.
- W: The number of matches won.
- L: The number of matches lost.
- T: The number of matches tied.
- N/R: The number of matches abandoned.
- PT: Number of points awarded.
- NRR: Net Run Rate
PSL Points Table 2023
The PSL 2023 will feature intense competition as all of the PSL franchises compete to rank highest on the PSL points table.
The eighth Pakistan Super League (PSL) season looks to be the best one yet as all six PSL teams compete to bring home the prized championship.
The clubs will strive to accumulate points and move up the PSL points table in order to claim one of the coveted top four slots and go to the PSL play-offs.
To be eligible for the PSL playoffs, all six clubs must place among the top four teams in the PSL 8 points table.
The most successful team in the history of the competition, Islamabad United, was the team to beat in the group stages last time around (and topped the PSL Points Table), breaking the record for both the most points on the table and wins in a single PSL edition by recording 8 victories in the group stages.
PSL 8 will take place this year at four locations: Karachi, Multan, Lahore, and Rawalpindi. The PSL management is still debating whether to include Quetta on the list of probable locations.
The competition is scheduled to take place from February 13 to March 19, with Multan serving as the site of the opening match between the Multan Sultans and the reigning champion Lahore Qalandars. The competition will be
PSL 8 Points Table Criteria
Super over will be played if a match ends in a tie.
The following criteria will determine the ranking of the teams in the group stages:
- The team with the highest points on PSL Points Table at the end of the group stage will finish in the first position.
- If teams have an equal number of points on PSL Points Table, then the team with a higher net run rate will finish higher.
- In case, the points and the net run rate are equal on PSL Points Table. The team with the highest number of wins in the group stage will finish higher.
- If the above criteria are equal as well, then the team with fewer losses will finish higher in the table.
- If all the criteria remain equal. The result of the head-to-head between the two teams will determine the league position.
The PSL points table is a list of the league’s teams, ranked by their total number of points. Teams receive points based on how they do in the league’s games. Teams receive two points for a victory during the PSL group stage and one point for a tie or no-result.
The competition is structured using a double round-robin format. In order to topple the PSL Points Table, each team will face off against other teams twice during the group round. The top four clubs will be granted playoff eligibility. The PSL Points Table 2023 uses the same points system as previous PSL seasons or any franchise T20 competition worldwide.
PSL 2023 Play Offs
After the league’s group stage, there are a number of matches called the PSL playoffs. Two qualifying matches and an eliminator match make up the playoffs. At the conclusion of the group stage, the top four teams on the PSL 2023 points table advance to the playoffs.
The team that places first on the points chart takes on the club that places second in the qualifying match. The winner of this game advances to the championship game and needs one more victory to claim the PSL title. The loser advances to the second eliminator