According to his family and local sources, the family of a 13-year-old kid from Aurora, Colorado, who died abruptly last week suspects he may have unintentionally overdosed on fentanyl.
In the description of a GoFundMe page titled “Funeral & Transportation for Jose Hernandez Mother,” Jose Hernandez’s grandmother, Margaret Hernandez, called her grandson “an energetic 13-year-old who loved life” in order to raise money for the boy’s funeral and travel expenses for his mother, who currently lives in Mexico.
He loved his family, “always had a smile on his face,” and “left an impact on the heart of everyone in our family,” the woman added. He had two younger brothers who he looked after and protected. He also “always had a smile on his face.”
“We have to end this epidemic of fentanyl overdoses,” Abis stated.
Jose Hernandez’s family, according to the source, thinks he might have picked up a pill from someone on the way home from school. Fox News Digital contacted Aurora Public Schools, but they didn’t react right away.
The case, according to the Aurora Police Department, “is still under investigation,” therefore the department was unable to provide any other details. However, according to the Aurora Police Department, there is “never a bad moment to talk to your children about the hazards of drugs and alcohol,” and parents can access tools at cssrc.colorado.gov.substance-abuse to “help start up the dialogue.”
“We discovered that one of the pupils sells drugs and marijuana to other students. That is where we think he obtained it, “FOX 31 was told by Abisaid Hernandez.
On August 10, two days into his eighth grade year, Hernandez’s grandmother discovered the youngster after school in the bathroom with his head in the sink. His skin was chilly, and his veins and mouth were purple. While calling 911, the family attempted CPR, but according to them, officials did not arrive at their house for another hour or so.