AFTER DINNER, A WOMAN DIEED IN FRONT OF HER FAMILY WHILE PLAYING CARDS.
Dani Duchatel, 26, fainted and slipped into cardiac arrest at her parents’ house on Sunday night.
She had been residing there for many weeks while recovering from surgery for a broken leg.
Dani’s mother Kay hurriedly attempted CPR but was unable to resuscitate her.
Doctors suspect a blood clot from her leg surgery traveled to her lung, resulting in a pulmonary embolism – or blocked artery.
Dani’s aunt, Sharon Glover, called her niece a “darling girl.”
She said alongside a photo of the two of them: “Of all the many blessings I’ve had in this world, the greatest one was the honour of being your aunt.
“The tears on my face I can wipe away but the ache in my heart will last forever.
“Fly high my darling girl. Love you always.”
Dani, from Brisbane, Australia, had just bought a house in Albion and said she was “so excited and nervous to start this new chapter”.
“She was also the kind of person who would do anything to help anyone and was very loving and supportive of everyone.”
She said Dani, who she had known for 10 years, was “quiet but vibrant” and a “gentle soul”.
She’d also just gotten a new kitten, which she “adored.”
“She was a big animal lover,” said close friend Chantelle Lay, who launched a fundraising page to pay for the burial.
Another pal, Janis Michel, posted on Instagram: “Your love and kindness was so pure and being around you made me want to be a better person.
“The time spent with you have been some of my happiest moments of my life, from falling asleep on the sofas watching Friends to fighting off frogs in the rainforest.
“I cherish it all and will forever remember our amazing memories and time together.
“I love you my sweet angel. Rest easy, and I will see you again.
“For now like you told me I will go gallivanting the world for the both of us.”