No Script Javascript is disabled. Please enable it for better working experience.
Advertisement
Monday 08 July, 2024
Advertisement

Cambridge to Retake Cancelled Exams for Pakistani Students

BY Shahzad Saeed Aug 19, 2023. 11:34 pm UPDATED: Aug 19, 2023. 11:34 pm

Advertisement

A retake exam will be offered in October by Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) in response to the unrest brought on by the chaos on May 10, 11, and 12. The government’s announcement on Friday aims to allay parents’ and students’ worries about unforeseen results in the A and AS-level exams of 2023.

Key participants in the meeting, including the Country Director of CAIE Uzma Yousaf, the Director of the British Council Maria Rehman, and other educational leaders, included the Ministry of Federal Education and Professional Training (MoFEPT). The main goal was to come up with a strategy to address the inconsistencies in the most recent exam results.

Cambridge will not charge retake exam fees. The British Council will help with logistics for a lower price. If there are significant differences between the Cambridge assessment grades and the grades determined by the school, the Cambridge assessment grades will be re-evaluated and re-assessed individually.

Schools will cover 80% of the costs associated with re-evaluation and reassessment requests; the remaining 20% will be covered by parents. The entire fee will be reimbursed if these assessments change the grade. The Ministry will also work with respected vice-chancellors of universities to ensure flexibility in admissions while coordinating with provincial governments to put similar measures in place.

To keep track of unresolved complaints, a complaint redressal mechanism will be set up under the Private Institution Education Regulatory Authority (PIERA) of the Ministry of Federal Education & Professional Training.

After Pakistani students received their AS and A-Level results from the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), everything started to happen. Unexpected grades resulted from the cancellation of exams on May 9 and May 12 due to political unrest. In order to improve their grades, students and parents demanded that the postponed exams be rescheduled. Cambridge International responded by communicating that they were gradually bringing the pre-pandemic standard of 2019 back.

Read more: Caretaker Govt Announces Ban on New Arms Licences

Advertisement

Related Articles

Coldwave to hit Pakistan after Oct 17
Latest

Coldwave to hit Pakistan after Oct 17

According to the Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) on Thursday, a cold wave...

Maryam Nawaz's son Junaid Safdar divorce Ayesha
Latest

Maryam Nawaz's son Junaid Safdar divorce Ayesha

Junaid Safdar, the son of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Maryam Nawaz, announced...

Who is Kathy Leutner? Sidney Crosby’s girlfriend
Latest

Who is Kathy Leutner? Sidney Crosby’s girlfriend

PITTSBURGH Sidney Crosby, a standout for the Penguins and one of the...

Petrol Price in Pakistan reduced by Rs. 8 from 1st October
Latest

Petrol Price in Pakistan reduced by Rs. 8 from 1st October

After three large increases in the previous fortnightly reviews, the caretaker government...

Punjab Announces Holiday for Schools on 28 September 2023 Amid Pink Eye Outbreak
Latest

Punjab Announces Holiday for Schools on 28 September 2023 Amid Pink Eye Outbreak

Due to an increase in pink eye (conjunctivitis) instances, Punjab's temporary Chief...

Who was Maddy Cusack?
Latest

Who was Maddy Cusack?

THE world has been shocked by the news that Sheffield United star...

Advertisement

Latest News

Linda De Sousa Abreu arrested for allegedly filmed having intimate relation with inmate in prison
US

Linda De Sousa Abreu arrested for allegedly filmed having intimate relation with inmate in prison

In the UK, a female prison guard faces charges after it was...

Farah El Kadhi Dead at 36, Cause of Death
Viral

Farah El Kadhi Dead at 36, Cause of Death

Local reports state that a well-known beauty influencer from Tunisia passed away...

Morgan Metzer beaten, bound, raped and nearly choked to death
US

Morgan Metzer beaten, bound, raped and nearly choked to death

A mother of two who was assaulted, restrained, sexually assaulted, and on...

James Everett du Bois, US Army vet swept out to sea
US

James Everett du Bois, US Army vet swept out to sea

Pictured is a US army veteran who was washed out to sea...

Advertisement